Elixir Programming for Beginners is a three-day introductory course introducing the key concepts in Elixir.
Students will start by learning the basics of the Elixir language. They include its functional heritage, concurrency and error handling. The course provides most prerequisites to attend the OTP course and a range of follow up courses which can be used to guide developers through advanced topics focusing on BEAM specific architectures and operations. Together, they are great for those that need to be introduced to Elixir and use it in commercial projects.
- Software Developers and Engineers without prior experience in Elixir.
- Good programming skills in another language such as Java, Perl, Python, node.js, or Ruby
- Familiarity with server-side software development helpful
- Basic/Sequential/Concurrent Elixir
- Parallel programming
- Building, Documenting and Testing Systems using Mix
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Helps you get over the hurdle of efficiently understanding the concepts behind Elixir
- Gets you thinking concurrently about your application
- Gives you all of the knowledge you need to dive deeper in advanced subjects
- Stops you from doing the typical beginner errors
- Gets you up to speed with the development workflow